4:37 AM, Wednesday, October 01, 2008Guess for those who r updated on the World news.. u shld hv known abt the (suspected terrorist) bombing in Islamabad, Pakistan at Marriott hotel 1 week ago. It was the biggest ever bombing in Pakistan. The device was carried on a truck packed with 600kg of RDX and TNT explosives. In addition, Germany aso recently boosts the sercurity in fear of terrorist attacks.
I am now doing Franfurt-New York flight.. *Sianz* We are staying at Mariott Hotel !!!! BEST sia... I was looking out of my room in Frankfurt and I realized that we r among the highest hotel building around with at least more than 40 floors. Btw, for ppl who dunoe , thse ppl dun just choose the Marriot hotel because they wanna bomb just the foreigners lah..It is coz it is an American hotel,k....
Anyway , on a brighter note, I had fun shopping ard New York city.. lolx.. Heard and read so much about the F1 and Grand Prix lately.. Before this whole urban night race started, I was just like any others coz I m simply not interested... Tot tat dis is either more of the rich ppl's stuffs or men's stuffs...
But eventually, I read on and understood more. Being the 18th country to join in the F1 race, Singapore is proud to be the world's first ever urban night race. The reason why we had a night race is not because of the heavy traffic in the day, is coz of the GMT time difference. Spore night time would meant noon timing for the Europe audience.
Really happy that F1 has spiral our country up to the world's stage. More and more people know about us. Do u guys know how many ppl thought that Spore is just somewhere part of China??? Coz they dunoe whr exactly is this little red dot on the global map mahz...Or mayb our Asian chinese looks just gave ppl the impression that we r somewhr ard China, Hong Kong, etc.
This F1 has given our tourism economy a huge boost. Attracted more than 40,000 ppl just to watch the race. Although we have spent ard $400million and months of preparation for dis race, it is definely worth every cent. Imagine one tourism bght round trip air tixs and stay here spending at least $400 per night for the hotel stay, they stayed for at least 3-4 nights, plus all the makan-ing and shopping at our Orchard rd... Gosh ~~~~ That's besides the point lah... is the exposure to the world that matters even more.. I feel this would certainly help us in our IR next yr as well...
Every yr, there would be 20 teams in dis F1 race, racing fr March till Oct I tink...travelling to all these 18 countries. I tink Lewis Hamilton is damn COOL sia.. haha... can easily spot him in alot of advertisements... Although he is ranked 2nd at the moment(behind Felipe Massa who is driving the ferrari), I still find him cool.. haha.. I admire thse racers sia.. They are professional sports entertainers. They dun simply juz race to get 1st , wrack and bang into other racers' cars sia..All thse are multi-million dollar cars ,k.... They are trained professionals...
Hmmz.... some updates regarding myself, lately my flights are damn packed again... main reason being I have more standbys and my off days are easily kana disrupted. 1 more report and 1 more presentation to work on before everything can put on an end on 19th Oct.
Leaving New York in 8 hrs' time, wonder if i got any last-min shopping to do .. lolx... The GNC stuffs here are so much cheaper then in Spore. And I meant ALOT. I guess is due to the shipping and inflation stuffs that causes the hike in pricing.
Looking forward to my hoilday wif my boi, Looking forward to more hoildays coming on... haha....
Life is short ... Embrace it .... Love all my close babes, family and boi....haha...
Update again after I m bk dis weekend... *muackz*





