10:50 PM, Sunday, March 25, 2007Only 1 word to desribe this Bintan trip - BEST ! ~
Apparently, I was having second thoughts abt staying at Angsana Hotel as Nirwana hotel is fully booked for the weekend for some Golf thingy. (Heard tat Tiger Woods was there.. dunoe true anot) But I definely did not regret staying at Angsana hotel.
Great service, great food, great seaview, great beach, great room, blah.. blah blah... Haha...
Spent 3D2N in Bintan, stayed at Angsana, which is a under the Banyan Tree group I believe... Visited the Banyan Tree villas... OMG !~ The villas r all so tastefully designed and decrorated.. realli makes u feel tat u r out of the world... Esp tat Seafront villa, lagi best sia... Now I noe why Yihong is willing to spend so much $ staying in Banyan tree villa... haha....
Bascially me and my bf spent most the time either eating or relaxing.. we took the earliest ferry out to Bintan, tink is 8 am plus...arrived at ard 9 am Bintan time. Cant check-in yet coz the actual check-in time shld b 3 pm... haha... give u a tip guys... for my style, I never check-in exactly at the check-in time, I always arrived earlier aso tat I dun waste half of my day when I arrived...
Anyway, we were pretty lucky and got our room ard 10 am . Can u believe it ?! haha.... check out the room & we like it the moment we saw our room... it met all my expectations as I have pre-requested to the reservation office what I would like to have for my room.. hehe...
Banyan Tree & Angsana shared the same beach as they r under the same company so we went to check out the place after our welcome drinks at the lounge. I dunoe wat's the name for the welcome drinks but is something lik aloe vera mixture, very refreshing drink....
Then we booked the bus at 12.30pm to go to Pasar Oleh Oleh to makan ... the food there is priced reasonably and tasted great ! Bascially I tink I only saw 3 restaurants at Pasar Oleh Oleh to makan and I tink all ppl only visited this particular restaurant at the entrance of Pasar Oleh. After makan, we walked ard abit before deciding to do massage there... Cost Sing$38 for full body massage for 1 hour. My boi and I shared dis couple massage room which divided us only using a curtain so tat we r able to chat wif each other while enjoying their massage service.
Almost evening time when we r done so we checked out the Factory Outlet store which was said to sell alot of clothes.. Damn .. tat's the worst place to check out clothes is u were to ask me... onli big sizes r available... mayb is catered to ang mohs I guess..... spent less than 15 mins inside and we proceed back to the hotel....
Away fr the big hot sun, I like to b in the hotel room...sitting on the sofa, enjoying air con and burning the incense sticks.... After a good meal at the hotel cafe, we strolled by the beach and saw 2 interesting theme dinners provided by the hotel..
One is Dinner on the Rocks by Banyan Tree. A dining table wif a red tablecloth would b placed on top on the big rocks by the beach for u and ur partner to have a romantic dinner, served by a waiter by ur table. Reservations is required as time is needed to set these stuff up... cost ard US$135 I believe ... Looks pretty impressive when i saw the pics over the Net. But I cant imagine how is one goin to enjoy his/ her dinner when the breeze by the beach is so big.. I tink the steak would be cool within a short period of time before u can finish it. Agree? Yhong was saying tat it was crap .. haha... I din believe it until I realli saw it wif my eyes...
At the other end of the beach, we saw the 2nd theme dinner- Dinner of the Legend by Angsana. This time, a sofa bed is placed by the beach wif a nice dining table in front, completed wif a fireplace at the side & covered wif white translucent sheets.... This looks betta than the dinner on the rocks to me coz at least the sand wont fly into ur sofa bed as they r blocked by the sheets.. haha...
With compliments fr the hotel, we got a free birthday cake !!!! Haha... so happy... I wont say the cake is big but I was juz glad tat the hotel provided such a thing. Thus, before we went Bintan, I have alrdy emailed the hotel to request the cake to b sent at 2350 hrs on the 1st nite.
Cake was delivered promptly at 2350hrs. Haha... *SURPRISE!~* for my darling boi .. hehe... We opened a bottle of Rosé (pronouced as Ro-sé) wine and cut the cake together to celebrate his bday. Sipped the wine and we sat at the balcony to relax and listen to the waves....
Ever since I attended the wine course, I learnt to appreciate wines and spirits more... I used to think tat wines r wines... juz lik beers... in fact , I dun even noe wat the crap I was drinking... Now i noe y ice wines r more expensive and the grape variteies.... Tink I would start to buy more wines when I work next time...
Woke up and had the hotel buffet breakfast... it was a big spread ... My boi was saying tat the hotel dun actulli earned much profits fr providing buffet breakfast to the guests... hotel did it for the hotel's image ....Hmm.. it mayb true after having some thoughts abt it... Rented the bicycles after breakfast and cycled to the next resort, Laguna.
Saw a few golf courses and cant help tinking y the rich likes to play golf under the hot sun?? They r sweating lik hell aso and the poor cabby have to follow dem all ard wherever tat small golf ball goes....
I tink the hotel we stayed in has the best pool as compared to other resorts lik Banyan, Nirwana and so on.... Spent a great deal of time at the pool until we both got sunburnt despite of "repeated application of sunblock".. hehe....
For dinner, we ate at the Pandai BBQ grill buffet to celebrate my boi's bday. Bght my own bottle of sparkling wine...there wld b a grp of guys singing songs as the guests enjoy their dinner. I delicated a birthday song especially for my boi .. hehe.. but he find it damn paiseh ...
On the last day, we had a nice lunch at Pasar Oleh Oleh again. Then we went back to teh same massage joint again. My boi did the massage again while I chose a full body scrub this time. Wow.. lik the scrub alot as it realli polished up my skin.. hehe...
Rushed back to the hotel and the staff sent us to the ferry terminal to catch the ferry at 1830 hrs to go back S'pore.
*Home Sweet Home... *
Although the vacation is over, we hv a great time .... :-)





